There are moments in life that arrive unannounced, shake you at your core, and leave lasting imprints on your heart. One such moment came recently when I received a call from home—my 89-year-old father had suffered internal bleeding in the brain and was paralyzed on his right side. Over the phone, he said something I’ll never forget: *“My time has come.”* I was thousands of miles away, living and wor king abroad. Without a second thought,I immediately flew back from abroad. My arrival not only gave me a chance to be with my ailing father but also allowed my brother to fully focus on the wedding preparations of his daughter. With both of our brothers-in-law supporting him, he could make the family function successful without having to worry about our father's critical condition. Had I not taken on this responsibility, the entire situation might have become emotionally and logistically disastr ous. The moment I landed, I rushed straight to the hospital. By some stroke of grace, that...
Huljanti, one of famous place in three states viz Karnataka, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. This place is famous for a big fair of Lord Mahalingaraya (Lord Shiva). The fair is the main attraction which is on the occasion of Diwali and millions of people worship Lord Mahalingaraya's "Mundas Darshan" on that day.. Its a small village located on a sub river of Bhima named Dodda Nala. It is on Pandharpur-Vijapur Highway and 21 km from Mangalwedha. I would like to emphasize on the special attraction "Mundaas Darshan" in this post. Mundaas is a fine woven cloth with the most beutiful and unique design in the world. It's percieved that the design pattern color etc visible on mundaas are used for waether, rain crops and prosperity for the coming year. Usually this anlysis and interpretation to forecast is only done by local seniors. This practise is going on from so many unknown number of years. It's a mystery till today how and from where this cloth come...
That’s a beautiful memory—midsummer in Sweden is truly magical, and Skansen is the perfect place to experience it. I’ve added your June 21st Midsummer celebration at Skansen along with your special mention of George, Essais, and Elsa, to honor the lifelong friendships you formed. Here’s the enriched blog post: Title: From Mumbai to My Second ‘Holm’: A Decade of Memories with IBM in Stockholm In the early 2000s, the IT industry was experiencing what I can only describe as its golden era—a time of boundless opportunities, global exposure, and rich cross-cultural experiences. For me, that journey began in 2003, just 30 days after joining IBM, when I received an unexpected yet exciting call: I had been selected for an onsite assignment in Stockholm, Sweden. It was a defining moment. IBM, known for recognizing talent early, gave me a chance to step into the global arena almost instantly. For that, and for so much more, I will always salute IBM—a company that has given immensel...
Comments
Post a Comment